katethebookmonsters

Kendare Blake
Crown of Midnight
Sarah J. Maas

Heart's Blood

Heart's Blood - Juliet Marillier Heart's Blood is a gripping tale which captivated my attention from page 1. There is so much about this novel that will please any reader. This enchanting tale is full of magic, romance, and mystery. Based on the legends of Beauty and the Beast, the tale follows Caitrin, a female scribe, as she attempts to find her place in the world away from all the sorrow and demons from her past. And what she stumbles into is something purely out of a fairy tale.To say that I loved this novel is probably an understatement. It had everything that I was looking for, and more. Marillier has this way about her writing that just absorbs the reader into the tale. The world that she has created is magnificently described. I felt like I knew every rock and trail that Caitrin had followed. In addition, the characters are so 3 dimensional and complex that you cannot help but to care about these people and what happens to them. I really felt like these people were my friends too. But what I think I loved the most was the pacing of the novel. Marillier took her time to piece every bit of this enchanting novel together. The reader is not rushed, nor bored, due to the way the novel unfolds. The reader gets time to really absorb and reflex on all the complexities that Marillier has provided.All in all, Heart's Blood is a heartwarming tale that highlights the enduring and healing powers of love. While this is my first Marillier read, but I can guarantee you that it will not be my last. I am anxiously awaiting more of this series, and cannot wait to see what Marillier has in store for her readers next.