katethebookmonsters

Antigoddess
Kendare Blake
Crown of Midnight
Sarah J. Maas

Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves Novel)

Raised by Wolves - Jennifer Lynn Barnes Raised by Wolves is a fantastic coming-of-age story werewolf style. Barnes grabs the reader's attention and does not let go until the very last pages. With multiple twists and turns, this is a story that you will not want to put down until the very end.In the beginning, I was not too impressed with the plot. Something about the premise just did not spark my interest the way that I was hoping it would. Flash forward a few chapters, and my opinion completely changed. Raised by Wolves has a familiarity about it that at first may seem like the same old, same old. But what I personally loved was that it really was not a typical werewolf tale wearing a new hat. Barnes' writing and creativity felt fresh, and introduced some new elements into this topic.As for the characters and their relationships, I really enjoyed them. I loved that Bryn was a strong female and would not back down to anyone. She had a backbone and a mind of her own, so that alone gives the novel points. In regards to Bryn's relationship, I am torn. I did like Chase, but I wish their relationship had progressed a little differently. For me, it was a little too instantaneous. However, with the constant action and mysteries to be solved, I am not sure if it would have worked if it had been more drawn out.Raised by Wolves feels fresh and new. Yes, the basic idea of the werewolf lore is still there, but in a way that I have yet to see before. There is still plenty more to explore in Bryn's world, and I cannot wait to see what happens next.