katethebookmonsters

Antigoddess
Kendare Blake
Crown of Midnight
Sarah J. Maas

Fallen (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #1)

Fallen - Lauren Kate It is official: vampires are so last year. Kate's Fallen helps lead the way in this new angelic revolution. Novels such as Fallen will easily do for angels what the Twilight series did for vampires.Fallen was almost exactly what I was hoping it would be. It was dark, romance, and had tons of unexpected plot twists that had me gasping. While there is some room for improvement with the pacing of the novel, the overall premise was amazingly creative. It features a wonderful blend of religious ideals with Kate's fictitious world. Kate has a wonderful way of pulling the reader into the world of Sword & Cross. I constantly found myself thinking I had only read about five pages, only to discover it was closer to twenty. This is due in part to how well Kate explores the world she has created. Every detail has been thought of, and is explained beautifully.But by far, my favorite aspect has to be the characters. Luce is an interesting heroine. I am really interested to see how she develops since there is a lot of potential with her. And I can't wait to see more of her and Daniel. They are an interesting pair to say the least. While I love those two, it is Cam that really has my attention. He is an alluring mixture of good and evil. I am dying to learn more about him, and his overall role in the plot. In regards to secondary characters, Kate has created some of my favorites of all time, with Penn leading the way. They are funny, creative, and above all else, memorable.Despite certain plot issues that need to be addresses, I have to say that I am pleased with this novel. It was highly creative, and left me wanting to know me. I can't wait to see what twists await me in the next book.