katethebookmonsters

Antigoddess
Kendare Blake
Crown of Midnight
Sarah J. Maas

Angelfire (Angelfire Series #1)

Angelfire (Angelfire Series #1) - Short and Sweet:Angelfire is an interesting take on the overloaded Angel / Demon premise. Thankfully, instead on falling in love with an Angel and being utterly dependent on him, our MC, Ellie is a somewhat kick-butt heroine (who carries swords I would dearly love to get my hands on). And as only a few helpless moments. But I think Moulton does a pretty good job of explaining why this is. Unfortunately, Angelfire reminded me way too much of one of my favorite animes, Blood +, to really take it seriously. Ellie, like Saya, is a demon hunter who has lived for centuries. Being "reborn" over and over again to complete her mission. Yes, there are plenty of differences between Angelfire and Blood +. But the similarities were just too close for comfort.I know that if I had not already been a fan of Blood +, my love for Angelfire would probably be very strong. I love that the book incorporates reincarnation and Moulton does a fabulous job of presenting this through Ellie. Will was an interesting love interest, but he was too closed off to really get to know him better. Hopefully, his character will be better explored in the future installments. Final Verdict:Yes, I know it is not really fair of me to really hold Angelfire against Blood +. But for any of the anime fans that have watched this series, you will know exactly what I am talking about. There is plenty left to be explored with this series, and I hope to try the next book and maybe move past all the comparisons.