katethebookmonsters

Kendare Blake
Crown of Midnight
Sarah J. Maas

Blood Magic

Blood Magic - First Impression:I love witch books. Frankly, I wish there were more of them. Blood Magic promises not just an average witch tale. But something darker. And I loved the idea right from the beginning.While Reading:Ever since Silla's parents died horribly, nothing has felt that same. People in her small town look at her differently. Whisper that she is going to turn out just like her father. But Silla knows that all the pieces do not fit. How could her quiet, intelligent father kill her mother and then turn the gun on himself? The known facts just do not fit.Blood Magic is told through the alternating accounts of Silla, Nicolas, and a mysterious person in journal form. I loved Silla and Nicolas right from the start. And when the journal entries were added in, the plot just kept on thickening. Who was this person? How do they fit into the overall picture? Will we meet them? Questions like the zoomed in and out of my brain. Leaving me on the edge of my seat, dying to know what would happen next.While most "witch" books tend to stay on the safer side, Blood Magic took it to another level. I was simply stunned with its originally. I have read numerous books with magical elements. And after reading the same old, same old, time and time again, I was a little hesitant about reading this book. The summary promised one thing, but would I get that? Or would I be left feeling lacking? Thankfully, the answer leans more towards getting what I hoped for. Which is always a good thing.Final Verdict:There are so many layer to Blood Magic. Every character has their own past.. their own flaws and I fell in love with all of it. I am completely blown away at how magical Blood Magic was. From the characters to the magic elements, Blood Magic was just plain fun to read. While this book may not be for the squeamish, if you are looking for a new concept that will leave you guessing until the very end.. Blood Magic is a book that you will need to look into.