katethebookmonsters

Kendare Blake
Crown of Midnight
Sarah J. Maas

Forget-Her-Nots

Forget-Her-Nots - Amy Brecount White Laurel, a young teen, is still grieving for the loss of her mother. Despite this loss, her father, haunted by the memories of their home, decides that it would be in the family's best interest to get a change of scenery. Thus, Laurel is installed at Avondale School. And although Laurel is adjusting to these changes, things just are not how she images they should be. When Laurel is given the chance to connect with her mother on a small level by giving a presentation on the Language of Flowers, she jumps at the chance. This small presentation ends up having a huge impact on her life as she soon discovers that every flower has a meaning and like flowers, appearances can be deceiving. Forget-Her-Nots is a beautifully written and very visually pleasing novel. It is not often that I find a novel that by the end leaves me with the feeling that it was both educational as well as entertaining. But somehow this is exactly what Brecount White has done. I was completely fascinated at the depth of knowledge that Brecount White shows to her readers. The whole novel is paced nicely in a way that both kept my attention and continued to surprise me with its flower references.To be honest, I am completely enchanted with Forget-Her-Nots and its author. The novel was adorable and filled with humor and powerful messages that leave the reader with a nice tingly feeling. While the novel is aimed a younger readers, it is possible that readers of all ages will find something to pique their interest. I will admit that as an older reader, I did have a little bit of difficulty relating to Laurel and some of her friends. However, this difficulty was very easily overlooked due to the rest of the novel's enchantment. If you are looking for a cute novel that will give you something to think about long after you have finished the last page, then look no further. Forget-Her-Nots is an enchanting novel that will completely change the way you look at flowers and their hidden meanings.