katethebookmonsters

Kendare Blake
Crown of Midnight
Sarah J. Maas

The Pledge

The Pledge - Kimberly Derting Short and Sweet:Haunting cover. Languages. Dystopian! The Pledge had all the elements to make this an amazing read. To a certain extent it definitely was, but I think that in my head I had this book going in a completely different direction. More rebellion against the system. So the introduction of the class system being headed by a Queen vs. a Senate or other type group was a real surprise for this book. But that was about it. I figured out the ending probably even before I hit the half way point.Final Verdict: The setting and the language premise make The Pledge stand out for the right reasons. High predictability of the story plot and characters that were a little hard to connect with almost ruined the book for me. But despite some of the draw backs, Derting has created a dystopian like none other. The Pledge is kinda a middle of the road book for me. Didn't fall head over hells for it. But I didn't hate it. With this being the first book in the series, I will admit that I did like it enough to at least try book two.