katethebookmonsters

Kendare Blake
Crown of Midnight
Sarah J. Maas

Shutterbox: First School Quarter, Thomas and the Banshees v. 2

Shutterbox, Volume 2 - Rosearik Rikki Simons, Tavisha Wolfgarth-Simons Shutterbox, Vol. 2 was everything I was hoping that it would be. The plot begins to pick up, the secondary characters are more fleshed out... this is exactly what a second volume should be. Megan has returned to Earth briefly before beginning at M.U.S.E. Things are getting a little hectic for her: she realizes that things in her "real" life are not has they appear, and even things with her best friend, Dagny, are a little complicated.In this volume, the reader really gets to know the characters from Merridiah, and some of the juicy back story is unveiled. In a way, the back story really surprised me. I was not expecting some of the elements to unfold the way that they did. This was a very welcome surprise since manga volumes can sometimes be come a little predictable. In addition to the the twists, the characters in this volume were hilarious. This was a fabulous addition to the series, and I cannot wait to start the next volume.