katethebookmonsters

Kendare Blake
Crown of Midnight
Sarah J. Maas

Dreaming Anastasia

Dreaming Anastasia - Joy Preble I am not going to lie, I had HUGE expectations for this book. And I am very happy to report, Preble did not disappoint me. The book features an intriguing premise that is sure to captivate any reader with an interest in Russia history and folklore. This book drew me in rather quickly, and did not let go. The plot is very well paced. It is not too fast, but not too slow. In addition, every aspect regarding Anastasia and her life has been wonderfully researched and blends together seamlessly in this debut novel.Preble's blend of fiction, history, and folklore is spellbinding. Throughout the novel, I would find myself thinking, "Ooh, I did not know that. Wonder if it is true?" Case in point, Viktor's heritage. The only flaw I can point out within this enchanting novel is Anastasia's journals. To clarify, this is not a fault of Preble's but rather the font used. The font was in a cursive format, which I had a hard time reading. While distracting, it does not actually take away from the writing; if any thing, it actually give it a more realistic feel.Overall, I am smitten with this debut novel and its author. It has everything that I love in a historical novel. An original premise featuring a heroine that any reader can be proud of. Anne is spunky, and not afraid to get her hands dirty. Ethan sounds absolutely yummy. Tess is fantastic, and exactly what a best friend should be. There are just too many amazing elements to gush about. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.