katethebookmonsters

Antigoddess
Kendare Blake
Crown of Midnight
Sarah J. Maas

Out for Blood (The Drake Chronicles)

Out for Blood - Alyxandra Harvey Alyxandra Harvey has done it again with her new installment in the Drake Chronicles. The novel, like the previous, is basically one action packed page after another.Like Harvey's previous novels in the series, the Drake boys are some of the best male characters around. Their wit, banter, and passion cannot be passed up. In Out for Blood, readers (finally) get to see more of Quinn Drake. And while he is not my favorite Drake, he is definitely in the up there in the ranks. As for his love interest, Hunter, I have to admit that I admire her considerably. She is definitely the type of girl that could easily fit into the "one of the boys" category. A strong character that holds her own against the Drakes, and I think that is saying something.Now, to be honest, I am not sure how I feel about the series as a whole. To evaluate each novel separately, they are great. Lots of action. Characters that are entertaining, full of depth and life, and banter that can be so funny that my eyes tear up. But as the evolution of the series continues, there is not really too much new material that is introduced from novel to novel in regards to the overall plot. And I think at this point, the only thing that keeps me coming back is the enjoyment that I get from a Harvey novel and the Drake boys.All in all, Out for Blood is a very enjoyable read. True, it is not my all time favorite of the series. But it is still a well-written novel that added a new aspect to the series as a whole. If you haven't given the series a try yet, I definitely recommend that you do.