katethebookmonsters

Kendare Blake
Crown of Midnight
Sarah J. Maas

Other (Other Series #1)

Other (An Other Novel) - Karen Kincy Other is a remarkable debut novel featuring an amazing mystery who-done-it style. Add in a wide variety of paranormal creatures, and I was hooked. Gwen is an Other, but not what you might expect. She is half human / half pooka. Living in a society that does not understand or accept Others, Gwen is forced to find support where she can. So when Others begin to mysteriously show up dead, Gwen is hot on the case.One aspect of Other that completely took me by surprise was the usage of other paranormal creatures. Within Other, vampires and werewolves are not glorified as they normally are in other novels. Here, they are basically the bad guys. Personally, I loved this idea. And was enthralled with being able to be introduced to paranormal creatures that I have had little to no experience with in the past.All in all, Other was an amazing novel that captured my attention, and kept me on the edge of my seat. With Kincy's eye for details and fantastic characters, I flew through this novel in a matter of hours. I just did not want to leave the magical world that Kincy had created. For those of you who enjoy magical creatures, Other is a novel that is not to be missed.