katethebookmonsters

Kendare Blake
Crown of Midnight
Sarah J. Maas

Prom and Prejudice

Prom and Prejudice - Recently, I picked up Prom and Prejudice completely on a whim. The cover was adorable. And I have been in a Jane Austen mood lately, minus all the 19th century language. Even though it has been a few years since I last read Austen's Pride and Prejudice, everything came flooding back. The classic characters. The fun twists. And most of all, the exciting romance. Eulberg does an amazing job at transforming it all into a fun quick read that had me captivated.Prom and Prejudice transforms the original idea of every woman being in want of a husband to the want of a prom date. Yet Lizzie, as a scholarship student, knows two things. One, prom is not everything. And two, most boys from neighboring Pemberley Academy will not touch a scholarship student with a ten foot pole... not that she wants them to anyways. But will her mind change once she meets that brooding Will Darcy?Eulberg swept me off my feet with her sparkling rendition of Pride and Prejudice. The characters were snappy and witty. And the banter between Lizzie and Darcy has me laughing throughout the novel. And the twist on the classic tale... perfect. Prom and Prejudice was the novel that I was needing. But I didn't realize just how much until I dived into its pages.Prom and Prejudice sticks very closely with the original tale. While this can be a problem in some novels, Eulberg pulls it off effortlessly. I had no idea that I would love this novel so much. Prom and Prejudice, while not a novel I would usually pick up for myself, completely turned my day around. It is a quick read with sweet romance that will make you believe in the power of love. Very well done, Eulberg. I may not have read you before. But now that I know what you can offer, I will be looking forward to reading more of your novels. Bravo!