katethebookmonsters

Antigoddess
Kendare Blake
Crown of Midnight
Sarah J. Maas

Glimmerglass (Faeriewalker Series #1)

Glimmerglass - Jenna Black Growing up with an alcoholic mother has left Dana feeling a little lacking in the parental department. So feeling as if she has no other choice, Dana decides to take matters into her own hands, and runs away to Avalon... home of the father she barely knows. Once there, Dana quickly realizes that the grass is not always greener on the other side. And there is danger lurking around every corner.I have to say that there are parts of the novel that I absolutely devoured... and others, not so much. The novel's plot is fairly evenly paced, which helped to hold my attention. And I loved how diverse the characters were. Dana is in a precarious position. She is a unique character who has been forced to act as an adult for most of her life, yet longs to be treated like a child. Black does a nice job of balancing the awkward position that Dana is in, and makes it almost fun to watch her grow into her own skin.As for the romance factor... this is an area that is still mostly mysterious. Glimmerglass features two main love interests: Ethan and Keane, who are both are totally crush-worthy. In regards to their relationship's with Dana, there really is not one. It seems that every time a relationship would take a step forward... something would happen to make everything return to step one. Although there is no competition between the male characters for Dana's affections... yet, it would not surprise me to see this eventually occur. At this point, I am not sure if I have a clear favorite. But there is definitely something about Keane that makes me want to get to know him better.Glimmerglass is filled with faerie intrigue, family secrets, and quite a few fascinating characters. There is plenty here to further explore. And just enough unanswered questions to have me very excited about the next installment.