katethebookmonsters

Kendare Blake
Crown of Midnight
Sarah J. Maas

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side - Beth Fantaskey Imagine finding out that the person you have always thought you were no longer exists. Instead of being a "normal" teenager, you are now expected to be royalty, vampire royalty no less, and marry a complete stranger. These are the life changes facts that Jessica must now come to terms with.I must admit that in the first 1/3 of the book, I just did not see myself finishing this one. While the plot was incredibly creative, the pacing was a bit slow. In addition, I just did not care for Lucius (at first). There was a part of me that was just really annoyed by him. To be honest, I am not completely sure if this was just my reaction to him, or the reaction that Fantaskey wanted her readers to have. Regardless, the novel had a few redeeming qualities, so I decided to give the novel the benefit of the doubt.Despite a rocky start, I am really glad I stuck with this novel. Fantaskey gives her readers some of the most chemistry charged moments I have ever read. They are filled with passion, hunger, and something else that it just indescribable. As the novel progressed, the character really grew on me as I came to know them. I wanted Jessica and Lucius to be together. I wanted everything to work out. And Fantaskey did not disappoint.