katethebookmonsters

Antigoddess
Kendare Blake
Crown of Midnight
Sarah J. Maas

Ashfall (Ashfall (Trilogy - Hardcover))

Ashfall - Mike Mullin Short and Sweet:Ashfall begins with a bang as a super volcano erupts leaving destruction in its wake. Tsunamis... earthquakes, and those are just to start. Once the ash begins to fall, the world is forever changed into a place that is similar, but oh so different.This book has been sitting on my shelf for a lot longer than I care to admit. Sadly, it just never felt like the right time to read it. So when I decided to finally dig in, I was excited to find that Ashfall was nothing like I expected. And for once, that was a really good thing. From the male POV to the just right amount of post-apocalypticness, Ashfall was full of surprises and a complete joy to read.Final Verdict:I do not think that I have been this happy with a post-apocalyptic read since Susan Beth Pfeffer's Life As We Knew It. Mullin crafts an addicting read with Ashfall. All the elements blend so nicely together. And as a final note, Ashfall has taught me more about skinning / eating a rabbit than I probably ever wanted to know in the first place. Therefore, Ashfall gets double points for being not only an entertaining read, but also one that was educational.