katethebookmonsters

Antigoddess
Kendare Blake
Crown of Midnight
Sarah J. Maas

Sweet Venom (Sweet Venom Series #1)

Sweet Venom (Sweet Venom Series #1) - First Impression:Stories with myths have always been a favorite of mine. The Greek ones especially. Sweet Venom promises to turn the Medusa myth into something completely new, completely fresh. I am so there!While Reading:Although I have been eyeing the works of Tera Lynn Childs for a very long time, Sweet Venom is the first novel that I have ever read by her. After hearing so much praise for her other novels, I was excited to dive in.Sweet Venom is told (eventually) by three POVs. At first, I was hesitant with the multiple POVs. Based on experience, I knew that either Childs would pull it off... or I would just get lost in the sea of similarity. Sweet Venom definitely fell into the first category. Grace, Gretchen, and Greer. Three girls with three completely different personalities. Now, I am not sure if it due to them having such differences that each was able to stand out on their own, or just Child's wonderful writing style. Whichever it was, I had no problem what so ever picking out each girl's voice.I was originally drawn to Sweet Venom for the myth, the lore of Medusa.With all the Greek retellings in YA books, I am surprised that she has been overlooked as she has. But that is ok. Childs does a wonderful job with the myth. Twisting the lore into a modern retelling that kicked butt, literally.Verdict:Sweet Venom is a fast paced, kicking butt type of novel. Pure fun. With three main characters, readers are sure to find their favorite to root for. Childs also ends the book not with a cliffhanger, but the promise of more. I cannot wait to head back into this world and discover more. I know that Childs definitely has a lot more up her sleeve with this series.